About the Retreats
Who Should Apply
Successful applicants range from:
- professionals seeking a break from their routine
- yoga practitioners who want a peaceful vacation
- writers wanting time to develop their craft
- artists and beginning artists who love to honor natural beauty
- non-writers who seek to optimize their feelings of gratitude and abundance
The focus of these retreats is primarily creative. We strive to bring together experienced writers and artists and those who are new to writing, yoga and painting. Our groups consist of participants from all over the world (though most generally from English-speaking countries).
This retreat can serve as a creative kick-start that motivates you to seek fulfillment in all areas of your life. It is designed to change your life.
Our Philosophy: Achievement vs. Fulfillment
We have heard it said that achievement is a science, but fulfillment is an art. We believe that this art has three elements to it:
1. Awareness: By being fully present, we open ourselves to the unlimited abundance naturally residing in the here and now. Creativity happens because we are authentically participating in the world.
2. Holistic Well-Being: We experience the world with our physical bodies. Becoming fit and growing healthier enable us to grow beyond mental and emotional barriers.
3. Creativity and Giving Your Unique Gift: Each person is unique. For those of a creative disposition, life is fully lived when producing material that resonates with what is felt to be true. This retreat will give you the gift of finding a new and unique expression of your life’s purpose.
Some attend the retreat for the sole purpose of the creative writing, others for the wellness aspect which ranges from yoga to nature walks, others for the craft talks and painting instruction amidst beautiful natural scenery. Think of the retreat as a re-balancing act for becoming centered.
About the Retreat
The experience is designed for individuals who seek greater balance in life. You are invited to spend time in a beautiful remote location, to dine on healthy food and work your body so you feel fantastic. You are invited to spend this time in an empowering routine where you work creatively and write goals. You will be given strategies for overcoming your challenges. The time you spend at the retreat will mark the transformation of your personal and creative life.
This is not a spa retreat. We choose retreat locations that are small, honest and sustainably-run. This retreat is a unique experience for you to live and work (both creatively and personally) in one of the most beautiful, expansive natural locations in the world.
Each day begins with breathwork and yoga, followed by a lovely, serene silent breakfast. For those more accustomed to other wellness activities, yoga may be substituted with an activity of your choice, whether it is jogging or walking through the woods, meditation, or having peaceful alone time.
After breakfast, there will be a brief discussion about creative writing and an optional writing exercise. You will have plenty of free time to write, work, hike, or relax.
Then there will be a delicious lunch, followed by a creative writing and/or wellness discussion where we discuss a reading, share each other’s work and make progress on the day’s writing. Or, if you would like, you may take this time to explore the property, to find a space to take in the ambiance and work in solitude on your creative writing (personal assessment, poetry, journaling, story writing) or your painting (watercolor, gauche, or acrylic). Both coordinators are artists who have experience in a variety of media, and can meet with you one-on-one during a scheduled time each day to discuss your process and results.
Before dinner, an optional second session of yoga will take place. There will be time afterward to shower and get dressed.
The time after dinner is designated for sharing your works in progress, enjoying each other’s company and totally relaxing.